52 Weeks Academy.
So often as a Registered Dietitian, I encounter extremely busy individuals who have good intentions and the desire to shift their dietary habits but they seem to be lacking the tools, support and direction they need to make real, lasting change. The kind of change that actually works — forever. Change that comes when you pull away from diet culture, return to the kitchen and begin to take care of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally.
Over the last seven years, I’ve mastered the art of teaching others how to cook and eat well. I’ve shared what it takes to get back in the kitchen to reconnect with food in a way that enhances daily life — a way that supports individual needs and complements busy schedules.
What I’ve come to believe is that unless you’re able to enjoy food, it doesn’t matter what diet you try or milestone you hit.
So if you feel like you’ve been going around in circles, you aren’t quite experiencing food the way you’d like or if feeding yourself has become a chore, now is the perfect time to learn the skills of cooking and eating in a realistic, healthy, and sustainable manner.
This course is the missing piece you’ve been looking for. It’s time to stop relying on delivery, take-out, or the latest diet culture trend and get back in the kitchen to master the dying art of cooking and eating well.
This is a good way to crash learn, keep accountable, break old habits, and sow new ones — all in one go. It’s a kickstart. A chance to shake bad habits. And it comes with a ton of support and a plan suited to you.
A lot can change in a month. Give yourself 30 days to learn skills that make healthy eating and living well a part of your everyday life.
Let’s Eat Well Together.
This Academy is for you if you’re ready to:
- Pull away from yo-yo dieting and feel good about what you eat
- Prepare homemade meals in < 10 minutes with real, whole foods
- Learn how to batch cook your way to better health
- Stop relying on restaurants, take-out and delivery
- Improve your cooking skills and gain confidence in the kitchen
- Learn how to build balanced meals
- Save money and time while reducing food waste
- Remove confusion and uncertainty around what to eat
- Increase your nutrition knowledge
- Quickly navigate the grocery store or get all you need for the week in one online order
- Have a few moments to be present and de-stress throughout the day
- Get the tools and support you need to make real, lasting lifestyle changes
In this Academy we’ll cover:
Week 1 — Know What You’re Eating
Identify your core pain points and how they can be modified
Understand the value in procuring your own food
Learn how to use your meal plan to improve your health
Tips, tricks and hacks on how to get back in the kitchen and change your belief and attitude to cooking
Week 2 — Eat Whole Foods
Understand the nutritional science behind 52 Weeks
Identify the role and importance of all food groups
Remove restriction from your diet
Week 3 — Make Sustainable Shifts in Consumption
Access where you are and where you want to be
Learn strategies to overcome barriers and make real lifestyle shifts
Week 4 — Maintain a Healthy Relationship with Food
Discover what a healthy relationship with food means to you
Rewire your mind to reject the diet mentality
Challenge the food police and honor your hunger
Class begins January 1st 2020
What’s included in this Academy:
- Pre-course questionnaire to personalize your 52 Weeks meal plan based on your schedule, allergies and dislikes
- Four weeks of ongoing support from Kelly Powers, MA, RD, founder of 52 Weeks and Academy facilitator
- Access to private Facebook group to connect with Kelly and other group members
- 4 x 45 minute live group training calls
- Four work booklets full of handouts, guides, infographics and homework for you to take action
- 45 minute 1:1 coaching session with Kelly
- Four weeks of a special academy version of the 52 Weeks meal plan program
- Daily, real-time access to Kelly via chat (text message)
- Bonus resources, content and recommendations for you to look at in-between sessions
- Discounted follow up 1:1 coaching for ongoing support
- Post-academy discount on 52 Weeks meal plan program
- 4 weeks to commit fully to yourself, the course content and taking action on tasks allocated during the Academy
- 4 weeks to commit to your personalized 52 Weeks meal plan
- 4 x 45 minute webinar classes with Kelly
- 1 x 1:1 45 minute coaching call with Kelly
Here’s how the Academy works:
- We’ll have a 45 minute 1:1 session via phone or online video the 1st week of the Academy
- We’ll meet weekly via online video for 4 weeks, for a total of 4, 45 minute group coaching sessions starting the 2nd week of the Academy
- Group is held Tuesdays from 7:15 - 8 pm pst / 10:15 - 11 pm est
- Real-time chat service with Kelly is available Monday - Friday 9 am - 2 pm and 7 - 9 pm pst / 12 pm - 5 pm and 10 pm - 12 am est and 10 am - 8 pm pst / 1 pm - 11 pm est Saturday and Sunday
- Your 52 Weeks meal plan will be delivered via email weekly on Thursdays
- Your meal plan can include up to 15 meals, covering breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday - Friday (it will only include meals you need)
- Batch cooking occurs Sunday and Wednesday
- All materials (guides, handouts, worksheets) are included in the cost of the program and will be provided via email weekly on Mondays
- Group is interactive. We’ll start with a round of quick check-ins; the next 25 minutes we'll cover the session's topic; and we’ll end with 10 minutes of questions, group discussion and individual takeaways
- This is a live group, add it to your calendar and show up to do the work (with that being said, I know you’re busy and recordings can be sent out if you have to miss a class)
- Each group session will come with suggested “homework” allowing you to implement what we discuss and seek support via chat, email or our next group session
- Throughout the 4 week Academy you’ll have unlimited email support from the Academy facilitator, Registered Dietitian, Kelly Powers, MA, RD
The academy runs four times a year and starts on the 1st of January, April, July and October
Only 10 spaces available per intake
NUTRITION AND COACHING PHILOSOPHY
DIETS DON’T WORK | WILLPOWER IS LIMITED | you have every right to enjoy FOOD
I’m here to help you pull away from diet mentality and embrace a sustainable, holistic approach to nutrition and health. An approach that will encourage you to listen to your body and promote a positive relationship with food — one that will encourage practical lifestyle shifts that you can sustain for years to come.
Behavior change takes time. That’s why the 52 Weeks Academy is one month. You’ll likely be tempted back into your old habits and patterns until new ones replace them and become routine. I’ll be here to support you throughout your journey.